Given the fantastic results we're seeing using Swift microwave therapy wart treatment we thought we'd share a short case study about a 14 year old teen that had undergone many other treatments without success. See the amazing results below.Book an appointment
A 14 year old patient came to Podiatry Group Melbourne with this large cluster of painful plantar warts for >12 months. The patient had undergone all the usual treatments of liquid nitrogen, over-the-counter preparations and salicylic acid with no success. We were able to treat the warts successfully in two treatments using Swift microwave therapy.
The patient had their warts assessed at their initial consultation and once deemed suitable for Swift microwave wart treatment the procedure was performed at the same appointment. The treatment was well tolerated and as it is a walk-in, walk-out procedure that is fast and safe there were no special care instructions after treatment.
The patient was reviewed after 4 weeks for their second Swift microwave wart treatment. They reported no adverse effects after treatment. What they did report was an improvement in pain when wearing their football boots and running. Swift microwave therapy was performed a second time.
The patient was again reviewed after 4 weeks for their third (and usually final) Swift microwave wart treatment. On presentation there were no visible signs of any of the warts and the patient reported no pain during activity or when wearing their football boots. Swift microwave therapy was not required as the warts had resolved after only 2 treatments. The patient was reviewed again after 8 weeks to ensure the warts had not recurred. To date they remain wart free.
Swift is our wart treatment of choice, especially when treating children as it is a walk-in, walk-out procedure that is fast, safe and non-invasive.